TIS DFK21AU618.AS

The place to discuss telescopes, binoculars, CCDs and other equipment

Moderators: joe, Brian, Guy Fennimore

gary1968

TIS DFK21AU618.AS

Post by gary1968 »

Howdy,

My new toy was delivered today, a DFK21. I have moved away from DSO imaging as some of you will have read and decided to do a bit of Planetary imaging, so bought the above camera to use on my Flextube Dob.
The drivers and software installed on this Win7 machine with no problems, and having a play with the camera tonight in the house, with no optics on the camera, revealed the expected dim and bright light with differing levels of colour. I 'think' I have the software worked out now so am looking forward to 1st light with the camera tomorrow night, I realise there is a hugh learning curve in planetary imaging and Saturn is now past its best so if I get anything I will be happy......
Are there any other members on here using this camera that I can maybe ask (pester, lol) for help and advice if I need it??

Cheers,
Gary
56N / 3.5W
HEQ5 Pro. Skywatcher ED80, William Optics Field Flattener III, Canon 1000d - Imaging Rig. Guided with Orion 8x50 & QHY5.
Control Via Ascom, EQMod, Cartes du Ciel and PHD.
Everything will be OK in the end, if its not OK, its not the end..............
The Bat

Re: TIS DFK21AU618.AS

Post by The Bat »

I don't have exactly that model but my DFK camera is very similar. I wouldn't class myself as an expert but I like to dabble. :D
Are you using IC Capture as the software?

Rachel
Celestron C8-S XLT
CG5 mount, dual axis motor driven
Imaging Source DFK21AF04.AS camera
North Essex Astronomical Society
gary1968

Re: TIS DFK21AU618.AS

Post by gary1968 »

Hi Rachel, yes I will be using IC Capture, at least to start with. I will probably try it with Sharpcap as well (if it is compatible), but time will tell.
Planetary imaging is new to me, been dabbling in DSO imaging for a good few years so I have a lot to learn.
Unfortunately the sky has lightened too much now so it will probably be around Septemeber before I get a decent run with the camera, I might have a go at some day time lunar imaging.

Gary
56N / 3.5W
HEQ5 Pro. Skywatcher ED80, William Optics Field Flattener III, Canon 1000d - Imaging Rig. Guided with Orion 8x50 & QHY5.
Control Via Ascom, EQMod, Cartes du Ciel and PHD.
Everything will be OK in the end, if its not OK, its not the end..............